Thursday, May 19, 2011

Assignment #4

Title: More Than Friends?
Dear Abby, I am in love. I am madly in love with my friend Lady Brett. We have things going on between us as more than friends, but I feel she is only messing with my feelings and only intends to use me for sexual reasons. Yes, she may feel the same way towards me, but I would love to be more than a friend to her. An issue with that is that she is in the process of getting divorced and still seems to manage to have a few "guy" friends on the side. What I want to know is if I should just be her friend or nothing at all? Can you please help me Abby. Your friend, Jake

Dear Jake, I am glad that your wrote me telling me of your issue with this Lady Brett friend of yours. What I think is most important is that you love her but are you willing to be used by her? She may be in the middle of this divorce but she will never settle down again. I completely understand that you love her with a passion but there is always going to be another woman in the world who is worth your time. I feel that maybe just leave the "friendship" alone and start a new beginning. If you do do this there are two possible outcomes. One- she will miss you dearly and realize that she wants to be with you, or two- you will find someone whom you love so much more and finally be happy. I think your happiness is what matter the most. When you are happy you tend to lead a happy life and meet someone who makes you even happier. From what I am hearing Lady Brett is not making you any happier just a lot more confused and used. Once again I appreciate you decided to ask me. I hope you take my advice and I hope things will go great for you. Abby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment